Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Pink TuTu and Tie Party

I have a good friend, Beth. I've mentioned her name on here before because she is an awesome baker. I really want her to have her own spot on the world wide web. If I were smart and knew how to add some sort of page off of this blog...it would be hers...and it would be called "Sometimes I Bake Stuff"....ha!

Beth and I have littles that are the same age. She asked if I would help with Abbey's party and I was more than happy to work on a little girls party! She told me that Abbey wanted a pink party. Of course right?! Don't all three year old little girls want a pink party? I'm a thirty year old girl and I would like a pink party.

I did what I always do to start generating ideas for a party....I looked on Pinterest. Who has not jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon yet?! I love it. But I also want to be so careful to use it for inspiration and not just to take others ideas. Often, it is just my jumping off point. But sometimes, I do use ideas that I find on there. So I also want to be so careful to give credit where credit is due. That is why I try my hardest to link back to the original post. And if you have time...you should go check those posts out...and those blogs! There are some really amazingly talented people out there.

So, after looking on Pinterest...I came across this idea for a tutu and tie birthday party. We thought this would be a fun idea to incorporate to Abbey's wishes for a pink party.

Here are the invitations I designed
I sewed some tulle on the top to look like a tutu and a little fabric bowtie on the bottom. I thought they turned out pretty cute! They were a little more work than I usually put into invitations (with the sewing and cutting), but she didn't need many and I liked the added touches.

I took that same pink gingham material and made bow ties for all the little boys. I just love a sweet little boy in a bow tie...LOVE. Check these guys out...

I used this tutorial for the bow ties. They are super simple. I found this tutorial way back a long time ago when people used to bookmark things! So last year.

So...here are the pictures from the party



When each guest arrived, they received their tutu or tie to wear during the party. These also doubled as party favors.


Abbey wanted all things pink...so Beth and I decided to do a gradient of pinks...all shades!



And seriously...check out this cake....Beth is the bee's knees! We found inspiration for this cake from here.




Here is the birthday girl checking out her party food....


And mine is keeping his eye on her...


Beth also made these super cute cookies


And I made all the tissue poms and these paper flowers from a tutorial found here
These are actually made out of napkins and they are so, so easy. I am a little obsessed with making these right now! I think they are too cute.

For an activity, we just covered Beth's coffee table with butcher paper and put out crayons and coloring sheets. Beth also had toys stationed at different locations in the house. The kiddos just played and ate and colored to their heart's content!






I think a fun time was had by all!

And I sure enjoyed working on this party for my sweet friend!

1 comment:

  1. this is the birthday party of my childhood dreams! you ladies are so talented... i love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete