Monday, February 28, 2011

a scared dog, hauling whales, and a funny kid

So, this post doesn't have anything to do with anything I have made. But Kaplan sure was funny this morning, so I busted out the camera.

Here is our morning in pictures:
Menne, our dog, is very afraid of storms. When it thunders, she hides and shakes. Kaplan always looks out for Menne. When he gets a piece of cheese, he feels the need to get Menne a piece of cheese. If Menne gets a treat, Kaplan likes to be the one to give it to her. They are BFF. Except Menne sorta doesn't like him sometimes. ANYWAY.....Kaplan found Menne, shaking and scared and decided to give her a hug. She allowed it. I'm assuming because she was too scared to growl at him.

Next, as we were in the kitchen cleaning (well...I was cleaning....kaplan was obviously loading up his trailor....bound for the sea). It should be noted, that I served him the whales in a bowl.

a very careful transport of very important sea wildlife....

his words...."ah man"

a successful reload

Taking a rest from the tough business of transporting whales.

Next....he decided to run to a different location while I stayed in the kitchen. Usually when I can't hear him that means trouble. So I heard silence and went on the search. And this is what I found....again...


Next, and I don't have a picture of this....sad.....but he went and got his pillows and blankets off of his bed. He then proceeded to build a little nest behind our chair in the living room. I was busy folding laundry in the bedroom and decided to just let him do his thing. I went to check on him and he looked so cute cuddled up with his blanket....I thought "He is SO sweet".....THEN.....I noticed it...... he was cuddled up with the iron fire poker. A fire poker. Made of iron. Who needs build a bear? We'll find sleep toys at the scrap yard.

He wanted to see all the pictures I was taking, so he climbed in my lap....looked thru them and then said "Pannie picture" (because my child refers to himself as women's underwear.....oh yes he does. Because "Pannie" sounds exactly like "Kaplan").
So, I held the camera out and he said "CHEESE" (and don't judge me....I was still in my pajamas and glasses....but it was 8:00 a.m.....or maybe 10:30)


and next up.....lunch with Daddy.

I'm pretty sure this is the reason my child is so crazy.

We sure do have lots of fun though!

No comments:

Post a Comment