Saturday, February 26, 2011

a fun sewing project

This has been a busy sewing week. I worked on a baby gift at the beginning of the week (pictures from that next post....I have to wait until the momma to be gets it!) and I worked on a birthday gift for Kaplan's little friend Abbey.
Kap and Abbey have been friends from birth just about. And thru having little ones that were close to the same age, Abbey's mom, Beth, and I have also become close friends over the past two years.

Check out those sweet babies!


So today was sweet Abbey's second birthday party. We decided to make her one of Kaplan's favorite things....beanbags! But I also wanted to make something that I thought Abbey would appreciate.....a bag. Abbey loves to tote things around in a bag!


The drawstring backpack was made using the same tutorial from the drawstring bag in my previous post. You can find it here. I wanted to make it a backpack, so I found another tutorial for that here.
It's basically the same, but for me....the first tutorial was a bit easier to follow for the actual bag part.
Here is how it looks flat after the strings were sewn in the bottom

Kaplan sure did like them. I showed him all the beanbags and the bag and he wanted to keep taking them out and then putting them back in. Looks like I may have to get busy making him a set of his own...

And just for fun......this is what I deal with during nap....

He was laying on the part of his train table that is still put on. He told me "I wike wata" (translated...I like water....as in the water on the PAINTED on landscape)
Luckily....he's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment