Monday, March 7, 2011

a baby gift

My sweet friend, Adrienne, had a baby shower a week ago. Adrienne lives 2 hours away and I wasn't able to attend the shower. But I wanted her to have something to open from us. She is expecting a little bundle of baby girl in April. They decided to name her Ava Claire (isn't that precious?!). Ava Claire will be joining their sweet Addison as girl number 2.

First up....I tried my hand at some fabric hair accessories. I found a couple of different tutorials for these.
Here is a link for the big orangish yellowish felt flower. Over at that blog she has lots of other fabric flower tutorials too.
The big pink felt flower was just a variation of the orange one. Instead of folding the felt over and cutting slits in it, I just left it flat. The other two flowers are made by cutting circles out of material, gathering the cirlcles from the center and hot glueing them on a circle of felt. And here is a picture of the back

I hot glued the clip on the back of the first gray felt circle, cut a slit on the top circle to slide it over the clip and then hot glued the top circle to the bottom one. I did this for each of the flower clips so they can be interchanged. I bought the stretchy headband at hobby lobby. I was on the search for double fold elastic, but couldn't find any at hobby lobby and since I was a pacrastinator...I didn't have time to order any online. But we are getting a JoAnn's craft store this summer! OH MY WORD I am so excited!!!

And a picture of the front after the flower is clipped on. I do wonder how it will look on a babies head?! I hope cute!

Next up is a simple framed print.

I had bought this frame at Target on clearance a little bit ago. I just loved the bright green color. I did the print on the computer in Microsoft publisher. Cut it out and stuck it in the frame.

Next up are sister shirts!

 I did a capital "A" on Addisons shirt and a lowercase "a" on Ava Claire's onsie. And on the back of Ms. Ava Claire's onsie was this cuteness...

Who doesn't love a little ruffle butt?!
I also made a matching flower clip for Addison to match these shirts....but I forgot to take a picture!

And a little bird onsie for Ms. AC

a hand stitch applique is my all time favorite! I think I have mentioned that before, but I'll say it again....I love the wide stitch on the felt. Just love it. I think I stitched some little legs in this bird after I took the picture.

And here is all the loot ready to be boxed up....

Oh yeah...I also made that stuffed bird. It kinda looks bad close up, but I figured it would get covered by drool mostly, so I decided to still send it. And it was supposed to be a sweet little bird, but after I finished it I think it looks more like a chicken....
Oh well.....

And here is everything all packaged up and ready to be shipped off

I put everything down in a white box and then tied a ribbon around that and then put the white box in a brown mailing box. And then took it to the nice lady at the post office who assured me of it's timely delivery!

Happy Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment