Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Vintage Train Party

I'm doing really well with my once every six month blogging goal.

Anyways....

My good friend Angie asked me to plan her littlest boys birthday party. I love to plan parties and I love her sweet family, so I was more than happy to help.

Sam loves trains. That may be an understatement. If he could be an inaminate object, I'm pretty sure he'd pick a train. But, he was turning 6 and Thomas the Tank is so two years ago. He wanted a real train party. We had just moved church buildings over that last month. The building we moved into is a hundred year old building in down town Jackson. It has this really cool gallery style room in the back and we got permission to have the party there. The room is so cool by itself, so i didn't want to do anything that would compete with the space. I wanted not too childish, but not too adultish (it's ok to make up words...it's my blog), and also simple at the same time. But more than anything, I wanted Sam to love it.

These were a pinterest inspiration!
The cupcakes were made by our good friend Beth. She is so talented!

This train was colored on by Sam a few years ago. It may have been my favorite thing :) So sweet!


We made this out of cardboard boxes to match the cupcake toppers. The kids threw coal into the tender (black felt bean bags) to "fuel the engine".



See anything wrong with this picture? An 8 year old informed us very quickly that the "6" was upside down!!! Whoops!


I also made Sam's shirt with my new silhouette. I love that machine!

Happy Birthday Sam!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Great Job :) I may be borrowing your "Fuel the Train" game since my 2 (soon to be 3) year old loves throwing things!

    ReplyDelete