Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Few Parties In December: Part 1

December was a whirlwind of a month. I guess that it why it has taken me until February to post about these parties! I am going to break these down into 2 posts.

First up: a friend turns the big 40! My sweet friend, Ellen, asked if I would help her put together a small dinner party for her husband who was turning 40. His actual birthday is the day after Christmas and with family being in town and my little ones birthday being on the 23rd, we decided to have it a week before.

My idea for his party was to create a quaint dinner with accents of his favorite things. He loves music, so we created a playlist with all his favorites to play as background music. I also found some images of some concert posters of his favorite musicians and created this little banner to hang over the dessert bar.


Our other friend, Angie, makes these amazing truffles that we knew Chris really liked. So she whipped some of those up and we purchased the little cheesecakes from Sams.

I wanted lots and lots of candles. Candles are inexpensive (if you get them at the Dollar Tree like I do!) and they add so much to the overall ambiance I think. Here are the tables...


And a picture of the drink station...

This party was one of my favorites I have been a part of planning. It was so simple and laid back. Ellen had put together two big pans of lasagna and then we ordered breadsticks and salad from olive garden. After dinner we played Just Dance on the Xbox Kinect...I so wish I could post pictures of that. But...I am sworn to secrecy. But images of middle aged men and women breaking it down still linger in my head.....Good times.

Overall, I think Chris enjoyed his little party. I think Ellen pulled off a great surprise and we all enjoyed celebrating our dear friend! Here's a picture of our dear friends...we love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment