Thursday, February 10, 2011

Because I am nothing if not motivated...

I cleaned out my craft room after Christmas. And then I made a list of all the projects I wanted to do in January. I thought I would be super organized and really stay on top of projects I wanted to create this year. And well.... this is my list...


And I really haven't gotten to anything on it. I have started on some artwork for Kaplan's room. But it's not even close to being finished. I wanted a train something or another to go over his train table.
So this is what I've started on....
This is pre-ironing of fabric if you couldn't tell. I PLAN on sewing all the fabric together and then using spray adhesive to adhere the main piece of fabric to some canvas. That is the plan. It would be much more impressive if it was actually done. I would blame myself.....but this is what has happened over the last month...



That is daddy explaining to Kaplan that we are taking down his baby bed. He climbed out and fell on his head. So we had to. No choice. Whew. Who ever knew what a challenge awaited us. We had a week (actually 8 days) straight of no napping. It was rough. So I totally blame Kaplan for my lack of crafting. I haven't had the energy. I'm not sure how these moms with fifteen kids pull stuff off. C'mon.....who am I kidding.....I'm not sure how people with two kids pull stuff off.

But I did manage to put together a birthday present for my sister in law in January. I feel that is a touch of success. And I almost wrote it on my to do list....just so I could check it off....




I made that drawstring bag in the second picture. It has an african bead necklace in it (from 147 million orphans....click here) and some simple notecards I made on the computer. Anyway....the bag might be one of my new favorite projects. I usually only make something once. I like the challenge to see if I can, but then afterwards....I don't really want to do it again. But I loved that bag. It was one of he easiest things I have sewn. And I plan on making some more. Maybe. If I get to it. And by the way....if you've never tried Mrs. Meyers cleaning products....you totally should. They are awesome. All natural and great smelling. The Lemon Verbena is my all time favorite scent. And by "all time favorite" I mean thats the only one I've tried....but love it....so it stuck. They actually sell these products at Wal Mart now.

And also....today...I realized I should probably do something for Valentines day....since it is Monday and all.
So, I decided to make the grandparents these....they didn't cost me any money since I had all the supplies here already.




Just simple little bookmarks that fit inside the cards we bought for them. I don't know what it is, but I just can't send a card without something in it. It's a problem.

And then for my Jamie I made this.....a tribute to where we met...


I saw something similiar to this on etsy. So it's not an original idea. But still cool I thought. I also got him a card that tells him how lucky he is to have me for a wife. That's what Valentines Day is all about right?!

Maybe I'll be better at blogging and keeping up with my projects. Or maybe not. Sometimes we just like to do this...





I am training him up in the way he should go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment