Saturday, December 4, 2010

it's crafty

I used to blog. And I really, really, loved it. But I blogged on a topic. The adoption of our little sweet boy. So once he was home, I sorta didn't know what to write about. Sure there were lots of poop stories and late night spit up in my hair stories. But who really wants to read about that?!

Since the sweet child came home and mamma quit her day job to raise him, I have really began to unleash the power of creativity. (That played out in my head like a Sesame Street segment...."The Power of A".....c'mon....you know you've seen it.) And by power of creativity I mean I am learning to sew. And I am learning how to navigate craft blogs and find great projects to copy......I mean.... find inspiration from.

As a stay at home mom, nap times are like....um....what's the word....can't think of any word.....except...... maybe awesome. Now, before I had a 2 year old of my own, if I heard a mother say that I probably would have taken a judgmental stance. My thoughts would have been along the lines of "Who doesn't enjoy spending time with their child?!". But since my induction into motherhood, naptimes are like the golden ticket. And most all of my nap times are spent making things. I'm not an expert by any stretch of any imagination. But I wanted a place to put pictures up of successful projects. I may even post pictures of the unsuccessful ones. That way we can be sure we are all on the same playing field.

So that was the introduction. Maybe tomorrow I'll make something.

No comments:

Post a Comment