Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Few Things Coming Up!

I am so excited about my next few weeks! I have my first big event that I got hired to plan! Well...it's big to me. It's a luncheon for senior mothers at a local christian school. They hired a caterer and then hired me to do all the invitations, table decor, mothers gifts, etc. My mind has been just spinning lately picturing how this will all turn out. The creative process is probably different for all people. For me, I see something in my head and then I work to try to create that. I can find inspiration anywhere. The inspiration for the decor for this luncheon came from a super cool wedding I attended earlier this year. It was a laid back wedding, with lace tableclothes and blue ceramic coffee mugs. The groomsmen wore jeans and boots and there was burlap on the tables. I just loved it. So that was sort of my jumping off point for this luncheon. I scored big time last week when I happened upon a local thrift store having a half price sale. I got some old books and jars for dirt cheap that I plan on using on the tables. I just love when that stuff happens! I'll be sure to post pictures of the event!

I also just got asked by a local photographer and sweet friend to style a photo shoot for her. The idea is an old-school lemonade stand. I have lots of ideas brewing that I can't wait see come to fruition!

And then this coming week I start a new job! I am a full-time stay at home momma as you may know. My little guy is 3 and he keeps me buuusssyy!! He is 90 to nothing from the time his feet hit the floor in the morning! And for the past three years, I have mostly just chased him around. And I have loved it. But a local print shop that I used to do business with way back in the day of our little business, Loop De Lou stationery, contacted me a while ago to see if I may be interested in helping them out with some administrative stuff and some design work. Back when they contacted me, I wasn't sure it would work out because I didn't really have child care options that would financially make sense with a part time job. But I had a friend of mine who went into the print shop about a month ago and my name came up and the guys said they wished I would help them out with some design work. So I contacted them. They are setting me up a home office!!! I get to work from home and work on design stuff for them. I get to create my own schedule. Everything is totally flexible. I am so stinkin' excited!!! I really don't have an extensive background in graphic design. I know a little to fake it... but they are willing to work with me until I learn the programs. I really can't think of a better situation for me. Now I have to learn that task of time management with running a house, taking care of a kiddo, and working from home. But to be able to have a creative outlet on a regular basis is just very exciting. Not to mention some extra income!

So...now to go clean out my upstairs room to create a work space....AH! SO excited!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new job!! So happy for you, Marcie. You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete