Wednesday, December 8, 2010

party preview

The little one was born on December 23rd. Which was so great at the time. We brought him home on Christmas day. It was wonderful. But now as he is gearing up to turn 2, I am realizing what thousands of parents with December babies probably know. It is way hard in the midst of holiday hoorah to also celebrate a birthday. I definitely want his birthday to be separate. I don't want to just throw in his presents with Christmas. So, starting in October (well the last two years anyway!) I start planning.

I mentioned earlier that my child LOVES cows. So, we are having a cow birthday party. Of course. I can hardly wait to see his reaction when he sees all things cow. I am certain he will squeal and say "BOOO". That is his "moo".

Here are a few things I'm working on for the party....



The first is a bunting. I really didn't know what a bunting was. I mean, I just called it a banner. But evidently there is a fancy name for it. A bunting. And the cow and sheep are going to be bean bags. We are making him a bean bag toss game. As you can tell the cow hasn't been sewn. Neither has the chicken that goes with it. There is also a pig.

I actually have a lot to do still! But I'm super excited about it! Stay tuned to see all the details of the bash!

No comments:

Post a Comment